Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Compilation error

TTyag
Beginner

Hi,

I am trying to compile a subsystem in DSP builder but everytime the MATLAB crashes. However it is able to compile the existing design examples. Any suggestions are welcome.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jeffrey_C_Intel
Employee

Hi, Tushar.  That device should be supported, but in order for it to show up in the pull-down menu in the "Device" block, you must have that device family installed in the Quartus version that you are using when you start DSP Builder with (in your case Quartus 18.0.1).  The menu, as you see it, should reflect the currently-installed devices for 18.0.1.  You can use "Tools" -> "Install Devices" within Quartus to add device families, after downloading the files from Intel website.

Jeff

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you observe DSP Builder seems to crash when you are trying to compile your design. There is no issue when compiling the example design in the DSP Builder. By merely based on this, it seems like it is specific to your subsystem. 

To ensure we are on the same page, just to check with you on the following:

1. What is the DSP Builder version and the Matlab version that you are using?

2. Mind further elaborate on the "crashes" observation? For example, what is the error message trigger?

3. Mind share further on the specific IP that you are using or the existing example design that you are running without issue.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

Best regards,

Chee Pin

0 Kudos
TTyag
Beginner

Hi,

I am using MATLAB 2017b and Quartus II 18.0. I could get the solution by increasing the JAVA heap space memory in MATLAB. 

Could you tell me whether it provides the device support for Stratix V (5SGSMD8K2F40C2) specifically. If yes, how do I get the board block in the DSP builder library?

Regards

Tushar

0 Kudos
Jeffrey_C_Intel
Employee

Hi, Tushar.  That device should be supported, but in order for it to show up in the pull-down menu in the "Device" block, you must have that device family installed in the Quartus version that you are using when you start DSP Builder with (in your case Quartus 18.0.1).  The menu, as you see it, should reflect the currently-installed devices for 18.0.1.  You can use "Tools" -> "Install Devices" within Quartus to add device families, after downloading the files from Intel website.

Jeff

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi Tushar,

Thanks for your update. Glad to hear that you have managed to resolve the crash issue.

Regarding your latest inquiries on the support for SV device - 5SGSMD8K2F40C2. For your information, as I check with my DSP Builder, this part is supported. You can try to check it by opening a design example in the DSP Builder ie demo_fft, then at the FFT subsystem, click on the Device Parameter block to select your targeted device family and part.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

Best regards,

Chee Pin

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi Tushar,

I believe the initial inquiry has been addressed. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos