Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16557 Discussions

Crash, crash and more crashes..... and just to be sure CRASH!~!!

DBay
New Contributor I

Why is 18.0 standard so unstable? Anybody ever hear of an error dialog box? The stupid crash reports are so self explanatory, the "start a service" request is broken and goes to 404. Did anybody test this for more than the simple examples??

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kenny_Tan

Do you mean by Internal Error or Fatal Error?​

0 Kudos
DBay
New Contributor I

90% of the time just the fitter or partition merge crashes with a stack trace. A few times the whole quartus program has crashed and gone away. If it actually produce an error report, then maybe you could guess what the problem was. As it is, it is remove everything and put sections back one at a time until it crashes. Of course this takes a little bit of time when it takes 1-4 hours to compile to the point of crashing.

I've probably sent in 50 or more crash reports over the last few months converting this and other projects from 13.1 and 14.0. It implies that you can start a service request from the crash window, but I guess service request aren't supported anymore. It comes up with a bad web site error(404)

0 Kudos
DBay
New Contributor I

When oh WHEN is this buggy software going to be fixed?? I either get nondescript crashes or stupid errors that shouldn't be errors!

When it doesn't crash, I get errors telling me that there is a problem with routes that I clearly removed. I try to reimport the partition, but rather than fix anything it CRASHES!!

Importing partitions and LL regions is so buggy, it should be removed if you can't use them.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Hi DBay,

Can you contact FAE/DFAE for the support?

Thanks

Best regards,

Kenny ​

0 Kudos
DBay
New Contributor I

Since there is no up to date or accurate documentation for your software, no help from Intel and the one local non-Intel FAE is swamped doing Intel support, the best method is the hunt and peck method.

I'm just completely frustrated with the state of intel "support" , this buggy software and crappy web site.

0 Kudos