Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

Create pof for EPC16 in Quartus 13.0sp1

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I am working with a design that has a Stratix (EP1S2F) with an EPC16 for configuration using passive serial programming. I am trying to generate a pof file using the Convert Programming Files utility but, the EPC16 does not show up in the configuration device drop down only the EPC1 and EPC2 devices. I checked to make sure all device files (.qdz) were installed. I am using Quartus 13.0 sp1 and according to Altera's website this is the latest version of Quartus to support the Stratix device. I have posted a service request with Altera but, no response yet. Any help is much appreciated.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I would like to give some closure to this post. My service request from Altera came through with an answer. Apparently the EPC16 was discontinued after Quartus version 11. Altera advertises Quartus 13.0sp1 as the latest subscription version to support the Stratix device. I guess that does not necessarily include the configuration device. Now I have Quartus 11.0sp1 installed on my machine, the EPC16 device is available as a configuration device and I can now generate a pof.
0 Kudos