Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16610 Discussions

Creating a CvP jic file with a script

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi everyone, 

I'm trying to create a CvP jic file using a script instead of using the "Convert Programming File" Wizard. In the wizard there is an explicit option for CvP but I cannot find it in the quartus_cpf options. Has anyone been able to do it? 

Regards
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you have generated the file in the Convert Programming File tool successfully, save the configuration, write a single line tcl script, and call it in the post compilation. 

exec quartus_cpf -c jicgen.cof 

set_global_assignment -name POST_FLOW_SCRIPT_FILE "quartus_sh:JicGen.tcl"
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi everyone, 

I'm trying to create a CvP jic file using a script instead of using the "Convert Programming File" Wizard. In the wizard there is an explicit option for CvP but I cannot find it in the quartus_cpf options. Has anyone been able to do it? 

Regards 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi Benjamin, 

What's CvP JIC file?
0 Kudos
MSing4
Beginner

Quartus doesn't have the best documentation.

This post is old but I will post this answer for anyone like me who was looking for answers for this:

One method is using the .cof as one of the contributors mentioned.

However to truly do command line with flexibility of FPGA device and Target memory device, you may wanna do :

quartus_cpf -c --cvp <quartus_cpf_options> <source.sof file> <source.jic file>

quartus_cpf_options can be any other settings you wanna pass such as -d, -s, -m, --option etc

I have found that --help for any quartus tool is a much better friend than Quartus documentation

I stumbled upon --cvp option by looking into quartus_cpf --help as well.

Good luck.

0 Kudos