Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Custom library in Altera

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I have a custom library of components which I will be using on my projects on demand. I have put these components in a directory called elements. In each of the entities and packages in this directory I have put the directive -- synthesis library elements at the top of each file.I have also wrote a package that calls these entities as a component as well as some custom functions. I have called this Elements_Package 

In the VHDL units that will be using these entities I have used the directive library elements and the use clause use elements.elements_package.all. I have also included the path in the Tools-Options-Libraries-Global libraries. 

When running the synthesis tool I am getting this error "error (10481): vhdl use clause error at design.vhd: design library "elements" does not contain primary unit "elements_package"" and "error (10800): vhdl error at design.vhd(7): selected name in use clause is not an expanded name" 

i am using quartus 11.0sp1 

What am I doing wrong? 

Thanks, 

jozamm
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Usually thi happens when you haven't yet compiled the elements package. Make sure it comes first in the file list.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Thanks a lot. So should it come even before the library ieee declaration? 

Thanks. 

jozamm
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Add the 'Elements_Package.vhd' source file to the Quartus II project (Assignments->Settings->Files). There is no real advantage in specifying a specific library, 'Elements' in this case. You can use the default 'work' library.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Thanks a lot. Its better to put everything in a package and adding the package to the project. 

Regards, 

jozamm
0 Kudos