Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16740 Discussions

Cyclone 10 GX - Critical warning for unused XCVR channels

FvM
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

In Cyclone 10 GX, Quartus Prime Pro 22.4, I get critical warnings for unused XCVR RX and TX pins.

Critical Warning(17951): There are 4 unused RX channels in the design.
  Info(19540): Add the QSF assignment 'set_instance_assignment -name PRESERVE_UNUSED_XCVR_CHANNEL ON -to <pin_name>' for each unused channel that will be used in future.
Info(19541): The above QSF assignment will preserve the performance of specified channels over time, and works only if the design uses at least 1 transceiver channel.

Critical Warning(18655): There are 4 unused TX channels in the design.
  Info(19540): Add the QSF assignment 'set_instance_assignment -name PRESERVE_UNUSED_XCVR_CHANNEL ON -to <pin_name>' for each unused channel that will be used in future.
Info(19541): The above QSF assignment will preserve the performance of specified channels over time, and works only if the design uses at least 1 transceiver channel.

I'm making the suggested .qsf assignments, however the critical warnings persist. Is there another way to disable the warnings?

Regards,

Frank

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
FvM
Valued Contributor III

Hello,
I found the solution by inspecting the configuration of Cyclone 10GX Devkit example project. The expected setting is

set_global_assignment -name PRESERVE_UNUSED_XCVR_CHANNEL ON

rather than multiple

set_global_assignment -name PRESERVE_UNUSED_XCVR_CHANNEL ON -to <pin_name>

Regards,
Frank

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
FvM
Valued Contributor III

Hello,
I found the solution by inspecting the configuration of Cyclone 10GX Devkit example project. The expected setting is

set_global_assignment -name PRESERVE_UNUSED_XCVR_CHANNEL ON

rather than multiple

set_global_assignment -name PRESERVE_UNUSED_XCVR_CHANNEL ON -to <pin_name>

Regards,
Frank

0 Kudos
ZiYing_Intel
Employee

Hi Frank,

Since your issue has been resolved, I am now close the case. If you have any question after the case closed, please do feel free to submit another issue.

Best regards,

Zi Ying

0 Kudos