Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Cyclone 10 PLLs -> downscale clocks -> how much possible?

amildm
Valued Contributor I

Hi All,

I'm working with Cyclone 10 GX, which has a reference clock of 100MHz .

What lowest frequency could I reach with PLLs using this clock as a reference clock?

I've tried to play with Fractional and Integer PLLs and the lowest frequency I succeeded to reach was 3MHz. Is it possible to reach lower frequencies?

How can I set cascading of the PLLs?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
FvM
Valued Contributor III
Hello,
minimal output frequency is definer bei VCO frequency range and output divider factor. It's about 0.6 MHz. Lower frequencies can be achieved with frequency divider in core logic.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
FvM
Valued Contributor III
Hello,
minimal output frequency is definer bei VCO frequency range and output divider factor. It's about 0.6 MHz. Lower frequencies can be achieved with frequency divider in core logic.
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. Allow me some time to look into your issue. I shall come back to you with findings.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

Nazrul Naim

NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

As per the answer provided by user named 'FvM'. The answer can be accepted. Lower frequencies can be achieved with frequency divider in core logic.

Regards,

Nazrul Naim