Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Cyclone V IOB Register Packing

NJackson
Beginner
Warning (176225): Can't pack node OEM_Prototype_Top_Level:TOP_LEVEL|TX_Signal_Path:TX_Signal_Path_inst|Stave_ADC_CTRL:IIU_ADC_CTRL_inst|LTC2380_CTRL:\CHANNEL:1:LTC2380_CTRL_INST|adc_sr[0] to I/O pin
Warning (176229): Can't pack node OEM_Prototype_Top_Level:TOP_LEVEL|TX_Signal_Path:TX_Signal_Path_inst|Stave_ADC_CTRL:IIU_ADC_CTRL_inst|LTC2380_CTRL:\CHANNEL:1:LTC2380_CTRL_INST|adc_sr[0] and I/O node IIU_MISO -- nodes have conflicting location assignments
Info (171110): Nodes could not be merged because their location constraints do not overlap

I am trying to force Quartus to use Fast Input Register on an input to my design using the Fast Input Register assignment. However, when I build my project I get the warnings in the code snippet. When I inspect the Resource Property Editor, I can see that Quartus has not used the IOB Fast Input Register.

Clearly there's something I'm not taking into account so how can I enable the Fast Input Register?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

What are your inputs connecting to?  If they are connecting to some hard resource on the device that has its own input registers, then you have a conflict between the use of the registers in the I/O cell and the registers in the hard resource.

If not that, do you have other physical location constraints, like Logic Lock regions?

0 Kudos
NJackson
Beginner

My input is connecting to a Shift Register instantiated using HDL.

There are no location constraints except for a pin assignment.

0 Kudos
AminT_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
AminT_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos