Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

DE 10 standard board opencl

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, I am newbie of the OpenCL and use the DE10 board standard. 

I want to use the board with only OpenCL. That is CPU is the host and DE10 board only support OpenCL and communicate each other. 

what should i do for this case? Do I change the BSP ?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

What do you mean by "CPU is the host"? This board already has an OpenCL BSP provided by Terasic which you can use. In this case, the ARM core on the package will act as the host, and the FPGA will be the device. Since this board does not have PCI-E connectivity, you cannot connect it to a PC and use the PC's CPU as OpenCL host.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I used the Terasic BSP. It worked well. Than I want to use the de10 board as only logical.  

My desktop PC is the "c" host, and De10 board is used only logical. Two of them is just connected by USB cable. 

After I uploaded this message, I found information about that.  

The information say "Altera OpenCL just support PCIE* or SOC to connect with host program". is it right?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

The information say "Altera OpenCL just support PCIE* or SOC to connect with host program". is it right? 

--- Quote End ---  

Yes, you cannot use OpenCL via USB.
0 Kudos