Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16642 Discussions

DE0-CV not detected by Quartus Programmer 13.0 SP1

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hey guys 

So I bought the DE0-CV board to start getting more accustomed to FPGA's. I wrote some code and wanted to test it out on the board, but when I go to programmer, the board doesn't show up. I cant even click add hardware because the only thing detected is Ethernet blaster. The board is running through a usb blaster which isn't getting detected. Is this because i'm on windows 10 or is there another blatant issue that i'm missing.  

Thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You are correct. The Quartus programming software will not work with windows 10. I think the latest version works with 8.1, but not 10.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Is there a way to get quartus to work with windows 10. or am I out of luck with testing my code

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I don't use windows 10 so I haven't tried this. Search the forum. I recall seeing postings on how to do this, but it might have been for windows 8 or 8.1. I think it involves telling windows to accept unsigned device drivers. Sorry but I don't remember the details.

0 Kudos