Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

DE1-SOC memory interface

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am trying to understand the memory interface between OpenCL generated code and the SDRAM. One thing that is puzzling me is the fact that the OpenCL interface is 256 bit wide (both in the board_env.xml as a channel, and in the generated code) whereas the bus itself is 32-bit wide (according to specs). Is there any specific reason why this is the best choice? Does the OpenCL mem interface generate a burst of 8 for every memory request, hence getting the 256-bit data. Also, i am assuming there are no caches on the FPGA side since the AXI is supposed to work with non-caching accelerators, so are the 256-bits stored to be possibly reused if a sequential access is required? 

I am relatively new to Verilog, so might have missed something completely obvious in the verilog code.  

Thanks,
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

my friends, I try since one month this ( cannot find board_env.xml). but there is a 18 piece. Where is the problem ?! I cannot understand.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It is very likely that your BSP path is incorrect. Did you look at the getting started guide and configure the paths correctly? There is a chapter on setting up the board for windows in http://www.terasic.com.tw/attachment/archive/836/de1soc_opencl_v02.pdf

0 Kudos