Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15315 Discussions

DE2-115 Board shorting out from GPIO power connection

VROGE2
New Contributor I

I was attempting to connect a DE0-Nano to my DE2-115 through the GPIO ports. However, when I did so I mistakenly connected the power pins on both boards to the ground pins on both boards. When this happened I got a warning on my desktop the an unknown USB device was drawing too much power and the DE0 and the DE2 boards both shut off. Since then I have been able to power up my DE0 board but I have not been able to power up the DE2. I never smelled anything burning and the DE2 never got hot but I believe that I burned out the DE2 due to the fact that I cant get it to turn on at all. Is there something else that could have happened that I can investigate? I thought that there is a safety circuit between the GPIO port and the FPGA to prevent this.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
0 Replies