Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16609 Discussions

Different pathname for the file opened in Quartus Prime Lite Edition

Connor1
Beginner

I have been opening my projects on Quartus through "This_PC" (underscore because my professor stated the pathname cannot have spaces) -> Desktop -> myproject, but every time it opens, the pathname is through OneDrive, instead of This_PC. Now I have not had any problems with my files opening up through OneDrive on Quartus before, but yesterday when I compiled my code, a couple of files in my project were getting deleted (I got a notification that those files were deleted from OneDrive). I would restore those files and compile again, but the same thing would happen. OneDrive was also deleting multiple files when I would simulate my project. The files that were getting deleted were files that I did not alter. They were provided by my professor, and to be honest I do not know what they do. My simulation results were slightly off, but I could not figure out if it was due to the deleted files when running my project or if it was due to my code being incorrect. This was very frustrating, so I am trying to figure out how to open my projects through This_PC on my computer instead of OneDrive, hoping that will solve the issue. Can anyone inform me as to how I can do this? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

I would never have a project on Onedrive.  Just copy the project directory to your local drive (C, D, etc.).

RichardTanSY_Intel

Is the suggestion from sstrell helps in your case? 

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I have yet to receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided but I believed that you have found a solution. 
With that, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos