Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Does anyone have a working project with "I2C Slave To Avalon-MM Master Bridge intel FPGA IP"?

kmunj
Beginner

In my project, I used ​"I2C Slave To Avalon-MM Master Bridge intel FPGA IP". I managed to build and download the code successfully. But I can't flash the LEDs. I used the output of this core to flash LEDs on Intel Cyclone 10 LP FPGA evaluation kit. I am using Lite version of Quartus Prime Software. I am using ST Micro Nucleo-F767ZI's I2C interface to FPGA board. I wrote a small program for MCU to put different values out of I2C every second. I know the program works, because if I use different I2C FPGA IP it works. But this IP is not reliable. It doesn't work all the time. I used following from web which does I2C Write only;

https://www.fpga4fun.com/I2C_2.html

That's why I am trying to make "I2C Slave To Avalon-MM Master Bridge intel FPGA IP" work.

Is there a tutorial or an app note on how to make this IP work and the I2C MCU code to go with it?

Thanks

Kiran

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JoanneSinY_L_Intel
Hi kiran, Can you refer to the link below page 187-196 https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_embedded_ip.pdf There is the source code about translating the bridge I2c data and I2C I/o ports to an I2C interface, Thanks Joanne
0 Kudos
kmunj
Beginner

​Thanks, Joanne.

I will make changes to my MCU and FPGA code as per user guide you recommended. I will test this on Monday.

I am using Quartus Prime Lite Edition.

Thanks

Kiran

0 Kudos
JoanneSinY_L_Intel
Hi Kiran, May I know any update or should I consider that case to be closed? Thanks Joanne
0 Kudos
kmunj
Beginner

​Hi Joanne,

I read as per suggestion and tried it again. But no luck in doing a write cycle.

Is there a sample MCU code to interface with I2C_slave core?

Following is my code. Similar code worked for other write only I2C IP core, I mentioned earlier.

buffer[0]=0x04; //Write data x04 address byte

buffer[1]=0xCC; //Write data xCC

buffer[2]=0xCC; //Write data xCC

buffer[3]=0xCC; //Write data xCC

buffer[4]=0xCC; //Write data xCC

HAL_I2C_Master_Transmit

(&hi2c1,0x55<<1,buffer,5,100);

HAL_Delay(1000);

I am using Nucleo-F767ZI board interfacing with intel Cyclone board.

Thanks

Kiran

0 Kudos
JoanneSinY_L_Intel
Hi Kiran, Sorry for late reply. But I can't find any sample MCU code to interface with I2C slave Thanks Joanne
0 Kudos