Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16604 Discussions

EMAC options for Arria 10

gcohe5
Novice

hi

I'm trying to implement 2 out of 3 Ethernet ports on Arria 10 Kit (using Quartus prime pro 18.1).

On the platform designer IP editor for the HPS IP (altera_arria10_hps) I get the following options (under: Pin Mux ans Peripherals>IP Selection) - see attached capture below, ip_1:

EMAC A: (if/phy)

EMAC B: (if/phy)

EMAC C: (if/phy)

and under: Pin Mux ans Peripherals > Advanced FPGA Placement - see attached capture below, ip_2:

EMAC 0 Interface: (if/PHY)

EMAC 1 Interface: (if/PHY)

EMAC 2 Interface: (if/PHY)

what is the difference between these two option settings?

thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Fawaz_Al-Jubori
Employee

Hello,

I will look into this issue and let you know the feedback soon,

thank you

0 Kudos
Fawaz_Al-Jubori
Employee

Hello,

My apologize for the late reply. We were working on few debugging steps to make sure there is no bug in this GUI, however, there might be a bug where the two options menu are not reflecting each other. This is not confirmed yet.

IP selection settings can be seen on Advanced FPGA settings tab, however, the reverse direction cannot be seen reflected. And here is the bug possibility.

You can refer to the IP selection configurations. Once you are done, press the Apply Selection button.

Thank you

0 Kudos
gcohe5
Novice

hi,

thank you.

does this update the "advance pin placement" with the proper pins as well?

0 Kudos
Fawaz_Al-Jubori
Employee

Hello,

Yes, it will update the pins.

I will let you know once I get a feedback on the GUI issue.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
gcohe5
Novice

hi

what seems to work without messing up the pin placement is:

1. updating "advanced pin placement" and "advanced FPGA placement" and pressing 'apply'
  2. changing the "ip selection" to fit the above changes but **not** pressing apply
  3. save , generate etc.
0 Kudos