Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Encryption for Cyclone 10CX150YU482I6G with Quartus 19.0

Armen
Employee

I am able to encrypt my sof file, can get encrypted pof or jic file  but when it is programmed into FPGA is not functioning at all (looks like still in tri-state mode).

I am able to generate standard pof or compressed pof file- no issues.

I am adding section of schematic  as well as my Quartus session for encryption.

Anything I am missing or doing conceptually wrong. None of my attempts with different options yield in working solution.

Anyone whos has experience, please help as we need to ship FPGA to end customer encrypted.

Please note that I am using Active Serial x4 method for Configuration memory MX66U1G

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Armen

0 Kudos
5 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

By not functioning at all, does it show any error message? If yes, can you provide us the error message and error code?

Have you also try to program this by using latest Quartus version? Quartus Pro 21.2?

Also, did you follow AN 556 on how to use design security features?

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/an/an556.pdf

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
Armen
Employee

Hi Aiman,

I am following AN556 (Generating Single_device /ekp File and Encryption Configuration using Intel Quartus Prime Software) on page 14 . I go all the way to section 7 and can generate ekp file)

As for Section 10  I can not select Intel FPGA Ethernet Cable as my only choice is JTAG ( I have shared schematic already) and hence I can not produce jam,svf or ISC files.

However, if I generated encrypted pof files- I am able to program it using Active serial mode and as I mentioned before FPGA is not functional with that file. Keep in mind that I am able to get compressed or just regular pof file and successfully program and use FPGA

I am new to encryption, so if you can point out to my wrong steps. 

So, I am stuck at section 10 Ethernet Cable to produce jam, svf files. Any solution to that? Can I bypass this and create encrypted file using JTAG or Active Serial approach.

Thanks,

Armen

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Armen,

Sorry for the delay as I was checking this with my team.

You can select JTAG instead of the ethernet blaster.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
Armen
Employee

Hi Aiman,

I was able to generate encrypted pof file, program volatile key and close my encryption workflow. I am closing my thread as resolved. Thanks

Armen

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos