Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Error(11176): quartus\bin64\ccl_ver_jni_stub.dll: Can't find dependent libraries

VFlav
New Contributor I

Hello everyone,

I use Quartus Prime Pro and I compile code for Arria10 and Cyclone10 targets.

Since few days, during Analysis & Synthesis, an Error 11176 occur :

...quartus\bin64\ccl_ver_jni_stub.dll: Can't find dependent libraries

Did someone have already this issue and how to resolve it ?

Thanks in advance,

Vincent

0 Kudos
17 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @VFlav 

Could you check whether the ccl_ver_jni_stub.dll is found in the ...quartus\bin64? I suspect this might be due to bad Quartus installation. 

Try to re-install the latest Quartus Pro version 21.2 and check if the issue persists. 

You may download it from:  https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/21.2/?edition=pro 

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
VFlav
New Contributor I

Hi @RichardTanSY_Intel 

Thanks for your response.

Before to post this subject, I already check if this file is in correct location. I also uninstall Quartus Prime Pro 19.4 and install Quartus Prime Pro 21.2 but the same error occurs (the only difference is the folder is update with Quartus Prime Pro 21.2 name)

I notice also than I can not open Platform Designer, maybe these problems are linked because the error 11176 occurs during IP generation for the debug fabric: alt_sld_fab_0 ?

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Vincent

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @VFlav 

Could you help to share the all error messages found during the Analysis & Synthesis stage? 

Please also share the error found during the IP generation in Platform Designer. 

Screenshot of the error message will do as well.

If you have a specific design that could duplicate the error, please help to share with us. 

Best Regards,

Richard Tan 

0 Kudos
VFlav
New Contributor I

Hi @RichardTanSY_Intel 

This error doesn't occur with platform designer but during Analysis & Synthesis stage.

I just notice than I can't open Platform Designer, but I don't know if these problems are linked

Please find behind messages reported during  Analysis & Synthesis stage :

-- Quote begin --

Info: Found 210 design entities
Info: There are 453 partitions after elaboration.
Info: Creating instance-specific data models and dissolving soft partitions
Info (18299): Expanding entity and wildcard assignments.
Info (18300): Expanded entity and wildcard assignments. Elapsed time: 00:00:00
Info (11170): Starting IP generation for the debug fabric: alt_sld_fab_0.
Error (11176): C:\intelFPGA_pro\19.4\quartus\bin64\ccl_ver_jni_stub.dll: Can't find dependent libraries
Info (11172): at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
Info (11172): at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1934)
Info (11172): at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1817)
Info (11172): at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Runtime.java:809)
Info (11172): at java.lang.System.load(System.java:1086)
Info (11172): at com.altera.version.AlteraProductInfo$1.load(AlteraProductInfo.java:27)
Info (11172): at com.altera.utilities.AltLibraryLoader.doLoad(AltLibraryLoader.java:189)
Info (11172): at com.altera.utilities.AltLibraryLoader.doLoad(AltLibraryLoader.java:146)
Info (11172): at com.altera.utilities.AltLibraryLoader.loadLibraries(AltLibraryLoader.java:109)
Info (11172): at com.altera.version.AlteraProductInfo.<clinit>(AlteraProductInfo.java:31)
Info (11172): at com.altera.infrastructure.common.QuartusPrime.isPro(QuartusPrime.java:58)
Info (11172): at com.altera.qsys.generate.PlatformBuilderDeploy.main(PlatformBuilderDeploy.java:130)
Error (11176): C:\intelFPGA_pro\19.4\quartus\bin64\ccl_ver_jni_stub.dll: Can't find dependent libraries
Info (11172): at com.altera.version.AlteraProductInfo$1.load(AlteraProductInfo.java:27)
Info (11172): at com.altera.utilities.AltLibraryLoader.doLoad(AltLibraryLoader.java:189)
Info (11172): at com.altera.utilities.AltLibraryLoader.doLoad(AltLibraryLoader.java:146)
Info (11172): at com.altera.utilities.AltLibraryLoader.loadLibraries(AltLibraryLoader.java:109)
Info (11172): at com.altera.version.AlteraProductInfo.<clinit>(AlteraProductInfo.java:31)
Info (11172): at com.altera.infrastructure.common.QuartusPrime.isPro(QuartusPrime.java:58)
Info (11172): at com.altera.qsys.generate.PlatformBuilderDeploy.main(PlatformBuilderDeploy.java:130)
Info (11172): ***************************************************************
Info (11172): Quartus is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation in the
Info (11172): US and other countries. Portions of the Quartus Prime software
Info (11172): Code, and other portions of the code included in this download
Info (11172): Or on this DVD, are licensed to Intel Corporation and are the
Info (11172): Copyrighted property of third parties. For license details,
Info (11172): Refer to the End User License Agreement at
Info (11172): Http://fpgasoftware.intel.com/eula.
Info (11172): at com.altera.qsys.generate.QsysGenerate.setUpQsysGenerate(QsysGenerate.java:310)
Info (11172): at com.altera.qsys.generate.QsysGenerate.main(QsysGenerate.java:267)
Info (11172): at com.altera.qsys.generate.QsysGenerate.setUpQsysGenerate(QsysGenerate.java:310)
Info (11172): at com.altera.qsys.generate.QsysGenerate.main(QsysGenerate.java:267)
Info (11172): Quartus is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation in the
Info (11172): US and other countries. Portions of the Quartus Prime software
Info (11172): Code, and other portions of the code included in this download
Info (11172): Or on this DVD, are licensed to Intel Corporation and are the
Info (11172): Copyrighted property of third parties. For license details,
Info (11172): Refer to the End User License Agreement at
Info (11172): Http://fpgasoftware.intel.com/eula.
Info (11171): Finished IP generation for the debug fabric: alt_sld_fab_0.
Error (19882): Automatic debug logic insertion has failed.
Error: Flow failed:
Info (144001): Generated suppressed messages file D:/Quartus_designs/V020/output_files/CF3N.syn.smsg
Error: Quartus Prime Synthesis was unsuccessful. 6 errors, 32 warnings

-- Quote End --

Thanks for your help,

Vincent

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @VFlav 

May I know which OS that you are using? 

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

0 Kudos
VFlav
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @VFlav 

That might be one of the possible root cause as the Intel Quartus Prime Standard and Pro Editions are no longer supported under Windows 7 and replaced with Windows 10. Reference:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/download/os-support.html

If possible, try to upgrade to Window 10 and check if the issue persists.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
VFlav
New Contributor I

Hi @RichardTanSY_Intel 

Unfortunately, I can't upgrade to Windows 10 version because my computer is for professionnal purpose.

Have you any other leads to solve this issue ?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Vincent

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @VFlav 

You may try to install the Quartus in a different machine with supported OS. Or run Quartus in a virtual machine, as a workaround. 

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos
VFlav
New Contributor I

Hi @RichardTanSY_Intel 

I downgrade Quartus Prime Pro to 19.1 and IP generation for the debug fabric is done correctly

Unfortunately, the problem remains in version 19.4 and 21.2

Best Regards,

Vincent

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @VFlav 

Do you have a simplified design that could duplicate the error? 

I will try to duplicate it from my side. 

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos
VFlav
New Contributor I

Hi @RichardTanSY_Intel 

I reuse this part of code for SFP+ driving and JTAG debugging. These two blocs are present on several project, and all of them generate the same error.

Best Regards,

Vincent

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @VFlav 

Could you share me the .qar file? You can generate it by go to Project > Achieve Project.

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

0 Kudos
VFlav
New Contributor I

Hi @RichardTanSY_Intel 

Unfortunately, I can't share any project because of industrial copyright.

But I don't think this error occur in a particular project. Maybe, this a consequence for using Platform Designer (or directly qsys)

Thanks for your help,

Vincent 

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @VFlav 

Most of our customer able to open Platform Designer and do not faced this specific error so I can only suspect that there maybe something wrong with the Quartus installation or your machine/OS requirement does not support. 

Since you are able to use Quartus Pro 19.1 then I would recommend to use that current version for now.

Otherwise, the community users here that come across similar issue may help you on this thread. 

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

0 Kudos
VFlav
New Contributor I

Hi @RichardTanSY_Intel 

Inexplicably, I can now open Platform Designer and the error has desappear from compilation.

I didn't made any modification, and I can't explain it.

Thanks for your support,

Vincent

0 Kudos