Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16603 Discussions

Error (14565): Can't connect to the Intel FPGA website to check for updates

PhilipCJ
Beginner

Hello, I am using the lambda laptop with Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS. I have installed Quartus prime lite on this machine (20.1). I am experiencing the following issues.

Firstly, the tool shows the error as depicted in the headline. I am having a high speed internet connectivity and also checked proxy issues. But all those are fine. However, I am not able to resolve this issue with the solutions available in online.

Secondly, My quartus tool is hanging and not responding while using the IPs. I am trying to access Library/basic functions/ on-chip memory/ RAM 2:PORT. However, I am able to navigate through the first page of this dialogue box (general) and from second page of dialogue box (widths/blk type) it is becoming non-responsive as shown in screen shot attached. How to rectify this one? 

To investigate further I have setup a vitualbox in my machine running ubuntu 18.04 and tried to install the same quartus release on that. However, i have the same issues.

Could someone please help me to resolve this issues.

Regards

Philip

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhilipCJ
Beginner

Sorry I have mistakenly uploaded the wrong screenshot. Here its attached correctly.

Regards

Philip

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Here are troubleshooting steps that you may checkout: 

1. Before you download and install the software, please check that your machine System and Software Requirements are meet before installation. Ensure that your Operating System is supported. 

2. Check that the disk space is sufficient for the installation of the Intel FPGA software. 

3. If you are running antivirus software, try to temporarily disable the antivirus software during the Quartus Prime software download and installation process.

4. Install with Administrator privileges. 

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I have yet to receive any response from you. With that, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos