Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16604 Discussions

Error(19021): Error during synthesis in Intel Quartus Pro version 21.3

VGopa7
Beginner

I am using Intel Quartus Pro Version 21.3. I get the following error during synthesis. I did not observe this type of error in older version of Quartus pro.

What is the cause of this error and how to resolve this issue?

Error(19021): The same file name "system_soc" is used for different IP files. The same name cannot be used for more than one IP file. Only directly include the .ip file, not the .qip or .qsys.

Error(22175): file: "L:/ActiveWork2022/qproj/quartus_prj/qsys_prj/system_soc.qsys"
Error(22175): file: "L:/ActiveWork2022/qproj/quartus_prj/qsys_prj/system_soc/system_soc.qip"

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

You've added both the .qsys and .qip file for your Platform Designer system to your project.  You can only add one or the other.  If you want to always manually generate your system, use the .qip (an output file of system generation).  If you want your system to always be automatically generated during project compilation (easier to manage IMO), add only the .qsys to your project.

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @VGopa7,

Good day, just checking in to see if there is any further doubts in regards to this matter.
Please do let us know if issues are still persisting and we would get back to you as soon as possible.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @VGopa7,

Greetings, as we do not receive any further clarification on what is provided, we would assume challenge are resolved. Hence thread will no longer be monitored. For new queries, please feel free to open a new thread and we will be right with you. Pleasure having you here.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos