Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16595 Discussions

Error: Can't find name for bus

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Guys, 

I have a question concerning my Block-Editor-Project, which I have been working on. I have to connect a counter, which has a 20 bit Output to a lmp_compare-Symbol, which has a 20 bit Input. 

Somehow Quartus complains while synthesis and gives me the error message:  

Can't find name for bus 

If I click on the error message it shows the bus line I mentioned above. I always thought that, this bus line didn't need a name. I named the bus also, but that doesn't cure the problem. 

Would be really great, if someone of you could give me a useful hint. 

Thanks a lot! 

Regards
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi Guys, 

I have a question concerning my Block-Editor-Project, which I have been working on. I have to connect a counter, which has a 20 bit Output to a lmp_compare-Symbol, which has a 20 bit Input. 

Somehow Quartus complains while synthesis and gives me the error message:  

Can't find name for bus 

If I click on the error message it shows the bus line I mentioned above. I always thought that, this bus line didn't need a name. I named the bus also, but that doesn't cure the problem. 

Would be really great, if someone of you could give me a useful hint. 

Thanks a lot! 

Regards 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi, 

as far as I know you have to assign a name to the bus in your schematic. 

Select the bus, right mouse click, choose properties and add a name like a[3..0]. 

Kind regards 

GPK
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Sorry for bothering you. I found the mistake. Guess, I was a bit tired yesterday, when i didn't see that I assigned two different names to the same busline. 

Have a nice day! 

Regards,
0 Kudos