Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16609 Discussions

Error: Can't run SignalTap II Logic Analyzer

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have met some questions when I used Signal Tap Ⅱ Logic Analyzer to debug program. When I changed sampling signal, and recompiled my project, the soft of quartus suggest an error that is “Error: Can't run SignalTap II Logic Analyzer -- SignalTap II File is not compatible with the file programmed in the device”, and The toolbar of instance manager displayed “JTAG communication error” and instance status displayed “not compatible with the device in Signal Tap Ⅱ Logic Analyzer window. 

When I searched solutions I find a similar question: 

solution id: rd05232010_914 

last modified: Jul 20, 2010 

product category: Design Software 

product area: On-Chip Debug 

product sub-area: SignalTap II 

problem  

Why do I get errors when running the alt_signaltap_run function in MATLAB? 

solution  

When using the MATLAB executable (MEX) function alt_signaltap_run in MATLAB to acquire data from the SignalTap™ II Logic Analyzer, your SignalTap II configuration file (.stp) is cached to improve repetitive acquisition performance. If the .stp file is changed, it may not be reloaded when the alt_signaltap_run function is called multiple times. This may prevent the acquisition of data based on the new trigger specification and produce the following errors: 

Error: Can't run SignalTap II Logic Analyzer -- SignalTap II File is not compatible with the file programmed in the device 

Error: Can't find the instance. Download a design with SRAM Object File containing this instance. 

Error: JTAG communication error. Check hardware setup. 

To work around this problem, clear the cache so that the .stp file is reloaded the next time the alt_signaltap_run function is called. To do this, run the following command in MATLAB: 

clear alt_signaltap_run 

Expectinh your help!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

did you update the configuration in the FPGA after having recompiled the project? 

Do you use Matlab?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for your reply! I have known my error.

0 Kudos