Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16629 Discussions

Error: Invalid license environment. Application closing.

umutsatir
Beginner

I was trying to simulate my program but it gave this error:

** Fatal: Failed to initialize licensing environment. License environment not set correctly.

Unable to checkout a license. Vsim is closing.

** Error: Invalid license environment. Application closing.

Error.

I am using MacBook Air 2020 Late M1 processor

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Based on the documentation available on https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/support-resources/design-software/os-support.html?wapkw=operating%20system%20support, it appears that the Quartus/Questa does not officially support the Mac M1. When an operating system is classified as unsupported, it means that while some functionalities may function properly, others may not.

It is crucial to acknowledge that no resources will be dedicated to debugging or addressing issues specific to the unsupported platform. Therefore, it is highly advised to use the officially supported operating system.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We haven't received a response from you, and I trust that my previous message has clarified any concerns or confusion. I'll now transfer this conversation to community support. If you have any new inquiries, feel free to initiate a new thread for assistance from Intel experts. Otherwise, community members are available to support you in this ongoing discussion. Thank you.

0 Kudos