Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Error When Creating Project in Platform Designer in Quartus Prime Pro 19.3

rewingchow
Beginner

Error: Failed to create Quartus Project, manually re-run the commands included in /hard_drive/randy/pigasus/hardware/scripts/quartus_sh_tcl_file_for_qsyspro.tcl in Quartus tcl shell.

Occurs when creating new project through Platform Designer.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @rewingchow 

Since you mentioned that Quartus 20.1 and onwards are fine, I would recommend that you upgrade your project to the latest Quartus version 21.2 to check if the issue still persist. 

We have fixed a lot of bugs with the latest Quartus version. 

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Can you successfully create a project in Quartus and then create a system design in PD and associate it with the project's .qsf file?

That flow does the same thing as what you are attempting.  I don't know why it error out like this.

0 Kudos
rewingchow
Beginner

I can do that, it only does not work when creating through Platform Designer. I need this method to work as it allows for my tcl script to work.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Why are you referencing 18.0 as the version at the top of your script?  Maybe that's the issue.

0 Kudos
rewingchow
Beginner

Nope that is not the issue. It it something internally with 19.3 and 19.4 but 20.1 and up are fine.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @rewingchow 

Since you mentioned that Quartus 20.1 and onwards are fine, I would recommend that you upgrade your project to the latest Quartus version 21.2 to check if the issue still persist. 

We have fixed a lot of bugs with the latest Quartus version. 

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @rewingchow 

I have yet to receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided but I believed that I have answered your question. With that, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

0 Kudos