Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16606 Discussions

Error in Eclipse Platform "C9555E: Failed to check out a license."

MCDelacoe
Beginner

Hi,

I am trying to compile some example code provided by my University; however, I am getting the error message: "C9555E: Failed to check out a license." When I go into the ARM licence manager, everything appears to be correct: I get a green tick, the licence name, and the licence origin/directory, which all appear to be correct, based on the instructions I was provided. Note, we have to access our licence from a university website, via a VPN, rather than having individual licences but this has worked for all the other students.

I also have QuartusLite 17.1 installed on my PC. I read here... https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-FPGA-Software-Installation/Error-C9555E-Failed-to-check-out-a-license/m-p/640136#M225 that you may need valid licences for both in order to run the software. However, when I look on Intel's Licence Self-Service it says Quartus Prime Lite does not require a licence and therefore does not provide any keys. Regardless, my version of QuartusLite works correctly.

Can someone, please, help me resolve this licencing issue?

Thanks, 

Max

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to Intel forum. To further understand the issue, could you get me the:

1) Debug/error.log file

2) Error message screen shot

3) Screenshot of Quartus II>>tools>>license setup

4) Machine OS information

5) Quartus version used

6) Output of “lmutil lmstat –a –c <port>@<address>” server and client

7) License.dat file

For privacy, you can also reply/attach file in private message.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos