Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16603 Discussions

* Error (suppressible): (vsim-12110) The -novopt option has no effect on this product

selevo
Novice

# ** Error (suppressible): (vsim-12110) The -novopt option has no effect on this product. -novopt option is now deprecated and will be removed in future releases.

# Error loading design

Error loading design

6 Replies
knutn
Beginner

It's a bug. In the Simulation Waveform Editor, choose Simulation Settings|Simulation Options and delete -novopt following vsim in the Model Script (and save the changes).

GustavoK
Beginner

Thanks, the problem is solved.

ABDULHAKIM_LUKWAGO

Thank you. it worked. but guys should know that what they are deleting is a text

0 Kudos
Carsten3
Beginner

Well I ran into the same page, took me a while to find this article, also solving the issue with the license somehow even if setup correctly. 
I have currently the problem, that the failure diapered after deleting the setting, which look like that:

onerror {exit -code 1}

vlib work

vcom -work work ORNET.vho

vcom -work work Waveform7.vwf.vht

vsim -c -t 1ps -L cyclonev -L altera -L altera_mf -L 220model -L sgate -L altera_lnsim work.ORNET_vhd_vec_tst

vcd file -direction ORNET.msim.vcd

vcd add -internal ORNET_vhd_vec_tst/*

vcd add -internal ORNET_vhd_vec_tst/i1/*

proc simTimestamp {} {

echo "Simulation time: $::now ps"

if { [string equal running [runStatus]] } {

after 2500 simTimestamp

}

}

after 2500 simTimestamp

run -all

quit -f

But after proceeding, the simulated wave looks like the original, which means there is no output generated.
If I only use ModelSim the output is generated, but it is more comfortable to create the waveform with the interface for something like that.

Do you know what setting could be the reason, because compilation is done without error?

0 Kudos
NourBadra
Beginner
0 Kudos
jmdaihli
Beginner

am experiencing the same issue where the output waveform is the same as the input after deleting the -novopt

i then tried to suppress it but as well didnt work.

Can anyone from intel help.

Thanks

0 Kudos