Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16592 Discussions

Every time I modify parameter of IP component, other components becomes "IP upgrade required" status.

BLee15
New Contributor I

​When I modified output frequency of ALTPLL, I saw this kind of message. When I modified width of LPM_MUX, in this time, ALTPLL becomes "IP upgrade required" status.

This is very annoying :(

ip_upgrade_needed.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CalvinJoaz_P_Intel

Hi BLee15, 

What Quartus Tools Edition and Version are you using?

Any IP variations that you generate from a previous version or different edition of the Quartus® Prime software, may require upgrade before compilation in the current software edition or version.

The Project Navigator displays a banner indicating the IP upgrade status. 

Click Launch IP Upgrade Tool or Project > Upgrade IP Components to upgrade outdated IP cores.

Refer to the link below.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/eis1410764818924/eis1410936966508/mwh1409958294826.html

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
BLee15
New Contributor I

I think I forgot to menthin version information.

I'm using Quartus Prime Lite v18.0.0

Project and IP components are created from the same version.

I'm using MAX 10 family.

When I did IP upgrade, the message disappears. However, every time I'm modifying parameters of one IP component (like frequency of PLL), other components (MUX in this case) immediately becomes "upgrade required" status again.

JC_FPGA
Novice

I've seen this issue as well. I believe it happens with both v17 and v18 tools. I'm using a Cyclone V FPGA with the Standard Edition tools.

0 Kudos