Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Fitter Error

XG_Kang
Novice

I have a design using 10AX057N4F40E3SG compiled with Quartus Prime Standard 17.1,If I don't change anything just do several compiles, some of the compile results work correctly,som of the compile results don't work. For the error compile results , I find the following strange thing: one signal named 'ram_rd' is connected to the rden port of a dual-port RAM,and at the same ,this signal is also connected to the rdreq port of a FIFO, the RAM and FIFO work in the same clock domain. In SiganlTapII, I can see the signal at the rdreq port of FIFO works(goes to high), and at the same time ,signal at the rden port of RAM keep low. IT is surely a fiiter error. How to fix the problem?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi ,

Could you share the error message issued during the compilation?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

It would also be helpful to see your design code.

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Any updates?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
XG_Kang
Novice

we are doing some tests, please wait for result. It maybe need a little bit of time. Does Intel have any suggestions? By now , we found that same clock gives to read port and write port, problem would still happen. A backup ram with same reads and writes, data would change too. Same writes to a backup ram and different reading operations with repect to the original ram to read port, data could be fine. It is very strange.

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

May I request the design and steps to reproduce the error?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
XG_Kang
Novice

Is this service request public to everyone who visits this community? I pass the source code request to my boss, They want to know how to keep our source code safely only to Intel, and not public to others.

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

This is forum is open to public. Could you provide a sample test case instead of the entire design?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

May I know if you have any updates?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
XG_Kang
Novice

This problem is solved with some special method. This case can be close. Thanks.

0 Kudos