Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Floating license walkthrough

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This is my first time setting up a license server and I'm a little confused. If I have a floating license are these the right steps to go through? 

1. Activate Serial Number through Self Servicing Licensing Center->Activate products 

2. Self Servicing Licensing Center->Create New License->Assign Computer->Create new computer. In this section I do either the HOST-ID, NIC, or GUARD-ID of the SERVER that the license server is running on. 

3. I copy over a folder called C:\flexlm to the SERVER that contains: 

-alterad 

-lmgrid 

-lmutil 

-lmtools 

-license.dat (sent in my email) 

4. I edit the license.dat file with 

SERVER my_server 12345678 <port number> (no port number given so I can leave blank?) 

VENDOR alterad "C:\flexlm\alterad.exe

5. Then I use lmtools->Configuration using Services and link the paths to lmgrd, license.dat, and the debug log. 

6. On my laptop I create LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable and set the value to @my_server. Other users do the same on their laptops. 

7. Open Quartus II and check use LM_LICENSE_FILE variable and it should work. 

Also, if I have other IP that is tied to my laptop and not the server do I just copy paste the info in the ip_license.dat file that it came with into the license.dat file that I linked to the license server?
0 Kudos
0 Replies