Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

Generating QSYS from Command Line

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am running Quartus 11.1 to deal with an old design. I added a UART to the design and went to re-generate the file and it won't let me. The system says that it can't generate because "The system must be saved before generating". However, every time I save it and try to generate, it still gives the same error. I found that this is a bug in the old versions of Quartus, and that the workaround is to "generate the system from a DOS / Linux command prompt using the ip-generate command, after copying the ip-generate command for your system from the generation log." (link (https://www.altera.com/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd02062013_349.html))  

I'm not sure how to do this and I can't find information that gets me to the solution. Can someone tell me how I perform this operation from the DOS Command Line? Which directory do I call ip-generate from, which parameters do I include, and how should the syntax look? I'd like to generate a .qip file. 

My project directory is C:\Users\michael\Desktop\Altera\altera_multi (this is where my .qsys file is located. It is called nios2sys_sopc.qsys) 

The ip-generate.exe file is located in C:\altera\11.1\quartus\sopc_builder\bin 

Thanks for the help.
0 Kudos
0 Replies