Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16601 Discussions

Having issues getting Quartus Prime Standard Edition 18.1 to recognize my Stratix V GX FPGA board. Whenever I go to the hardware setup, there is no hardware listed and when I go to add new hardware the Auto Detect doesn't work, any ideas?

JWrig25
Beginner

The board is powered and switched ON when I try to locate the hardware on Quartus, it is connected to my laptop via an Ethernet cable so I thought the EthernetBlaster would auto detect my board but it does not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Is it a dev kit like this one: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/products/boards_and_kits/dev-kits/altera/kit-sv-gx-host.html

You use USB to program the device through the on-board USB Blaster (USB-to-JTAG bridge), not ethernet. Ethernet Blaster is an Ethernet-to-JTAG-bridge. Are you saying you have an Ethernet Blaster (separate hardware) connected to the 10-pin JTAG interface of the device?

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
JWrig25
Beginner

Yes it is a dev kit. Right now I have an Ethernet cable connected to the ethernet port in the board and to the ethernet port in my laptop. My dev kit did not have a USB cable in it so I will have to ask my professor if he has one. Thank you.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

That ethernet is for an ethernet connection to a design already programmed into the device, not for device programming. Like you say, you need a USB cable to program the device.

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
JWrig25
Beginner

Do you know what specific type of USB I need?

0 Kudos
JWrig25
Beginner

Do you know what specific type of USB cable I need?

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

If it's the board I linked to, it needs USB-A to micro B. See the reference manual:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/manual/rm_svgx_fpga_dev_board.pdf

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos