Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15481 Discussions

Having issues getting Quartus Prime Standard Edition 18.1 to recognize my Stratix V GX FPGA board. Whenever I go to the hardware setup, there is no hardware listed and when I go to add new hardware the Auto Detect doesn't work, any ideas?

JWrig25
Beginner

The board is powered and switched ON when I try to locate the hardware on Quartus, it is connected to my laptop via an Ethernet cable so I thought the EthernetBlaster would auto detect my board but it does not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Is it a dev kit like this one: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/products/boards_and_kits/dev-kits/altera/kit-sv...

You use USB to program the device through the on-board USB Blaster (USB-to-JTAG bridge), not ethernet. Ethernet Blaster is an Ethernet-to-JTAG-bridge. Are you saying you have an Ethernet Blaster (separate hardware) connected to the 10-pin JTAG interface of the device?

#iwork4intel

JWrig25
Beginner

Yes it is a dev kit. Right now I have an Ethernet cable connected to the ethernet port in the board and to the ethernet port in my laptop. My dev kit did not have a USB cable in it so I will have to ask my professor if he has one. Thank you.

sstrell
Honored Contributor III

That ethernet is for an ethernet connection to a design already programmed into the device, not for device programming. Like you say, you need a USB cable to program the device.

#iwork4intel

JWrig25
Beginner

Do you know what specific type of USB I need?

JWrig25
Beginner

Do you know what specific type of USB cable I need?

sstrell
Honored Contributor III

If it's the board I linked to, it needs USB-A to micro B. See the reference manual:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/manual/rm_svgx_fpga_dev_boa...

#iwork4intel