Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Help Moore | Moove

DonCajone
New Contributor I

i have this Moore machine, but i dont understand how i have to moove, how its realize in quartus(not only on this example, i just cant understand how do that:c )

DonCajone_0-1669466933688.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Are you asking about the basics of how to write a state machine in an HDL (like Verilog or VHDL)?  Or do you not understand the diagram?  For the former, Google is your friend.  For the latter, each state is represented by 3 bits (S1 is 000, for example).  The red numbers seem to represent a 2 bit input indicating when to move to the destination state, with * being a wildcard.  And the list on the right represents what the output should be in each state.  It's not clear how many bits are used to represent the output because there is no indication if those output bits are decimal or possibly hex (most likely decimal but you never know).

0 Kudos
DonCajone
New Contributor I

I still dont understand how its work:c

How in this project i have to do scheme with OR and AND? i dont understand where have to be 0 and 1, and how group those and

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

Does above comment help?

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hello,

We do not receive any response from you on the previous reply provided. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

p/s: If any answer from community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to mark as solution, give Kudos and rate 4/5 survey

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos