Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Hi, I installed Quartus Prime 18.0 Lite Edition on UBUNTU 16.04 LTS , and it is OK. But , when I start RTL simulation tool It can not lunch MODELSIM

RReza
Beginner
0 Kudos
4 Replies
SAR
Novice

Hi,

1. To Launch Modelsim from within the Quartus II software set

The QUARTUS_INIT_PATH variable specifies the path(s) of the EDA tool(s) to be launched from within the Quartus II software. You must set this variable to launch other EDA tools from within the Quartus II software.

refer for more information

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/manual/qts-archive/_2-5-1-quartus-install-unix.pdf

or

2. Set export PATH=$PATH:~/intelFPGA_lite/18.0/modelsim_ase/linuxaloem/

Go to the directory and execute

./vsim

0 Kudos
RReza
Beginner

Hi, thanks for your answer, I did what you said , but when I try to execute ./vsim in that dir it dosent work saying "bash: ./vsim: No such file or directory" . I read somewhere that modelsim dosent support UBUNTU , have you ever tried that on UBUNTU?

0 Kudos
SAR
Novice

Hi,

It worked for me in Ubuntu 14.04,

Go to /intelFPGA_lite/18.0/modelsim_ase/linuxaloem/ from terminal and type ./vsim

0 Kudos
Abe
Valued Contributor II

Have you downloaded and installed the ModelSim tool. Each of the tools have separate installers. If you have installed only the QuartsLite tool using the "Quartuslite18.0.xxx.run" file, this will install only the Quartus tools and not ModelSim. To install ModelSim, download and install the ModelSim Intel FPGA starter pack from the following link:

http://download.altera.com/akdlm/software/acdsinst/18.0std/614/ib_installers/ModelSimSetup-18.0.0.614-linux.run

Once the download completes, change directory to the download location and execute the following commands

sudo chmod 775 ModelSimSetup-18.0.0.614-linux.run   ./ModelSimSetup-18.0.0.614-linux.run

This will launch the modelsim setup. Follow the onscreen instructions to install it. Once installed, you should be able to launch it via Quartus or terminal prompt using ./vsim command.

0 Kudos