Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Hi, Im trying to make testbench but i get this error (vsim-7) Failed to open readmem

antonto
Novice

** Warning: (vsim-7) Failed to open readmem file "D:/altera askhseis/tbtest999/stimulus.tv" in read mode.
# No such file or directory. (errno = ENOENT) : D:/altera askhseis/tbtest999/tbtest.sv(23)

This is the full message that i get....I have been searching for a solution but couldn't find any. Some help would be great!! Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Why is there a space in your file path?  Modelsim and pretty much all tools don't like spaces in paths.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Angel,

Your path seem has space which would make the tool not able to navigate to it. Rename the path without space.

0 Kudos
antonto
Novice

@SyafieqS  @sstrell  Thanks for replying! I changed the path and now im getting this error 

** Error: (vsim-3033) topModule.svo(53678): Instantiation of 'fiftyfivenm_adcblock' failed. The design unit was not found.
# Time: 0 ps Iteration: 0 Instance: /topModule File: topModule.svo
# Searched libraries:
# D:/fpga19.1/modelsim_ase/altera/verilog/altera_mf
# D:/alteraAsk/topModule/simulation/modelsim/gate_work

Any ideas on what to do? 

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III
0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Angel,

Are you able to solve the simulation issue? 

See if below discussion could be helpful.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Quartus-Prime-Software/Problems-simulating-ADC-in-DE10-Lite-board-using-Quartus-Prime/td-p/698403

0 Kudos