Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16603 Discussions

How can I delete old files of a Modelsim's simulation?

Cuong_Nguyen
Beginner

I have been installed Quartus Prime Lite (ver19.1) and its Modelsim Starter Edition, and started learning Verilog recently. After doing several simulations (drawing waveforms by Modelsim Simulation) I noticed my Hard drive (C) has decreased its free space quickly (several GBs a day) although I put my Verilog's project in Drive D. I don't know what causes this. I think Modelsim created those files for simulation but I dont know where they are.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

The simulation files are located at your project directory.

To check what files take up the hard drive space most: Go to Storage and check for any files that may have consumed a lot of your disk space.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

p.s. Don’t forget to Reply, and Select the Best Solution. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cuong_Nguyen
Beginner

Thank you for your support, I have found a dump file (about 2.5GB) and delete it. Now my disk space is 70GB free, I will observe those next days to see whether or not this problem happens again.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Is everything fine? Do you need further help?

0 Kudos
Cuong_Nguyen
Beginner

I think the problem has been solved now because my disk space is ranging around 70GB only while I am still using Quartus and ModelSim. Thank you for your support!

0 Kudos