Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16592 Discussions

How completely uninstall Quartus and install a new fresh Quartus instead?

amildm
Valued Contributor I

Hello,

I have Quartus v19.3 installed on Windows 10 x64. It seems the installation is corrupted...

How can I completely uninstall the Quartus and install a new fresh Quartus instead?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RichardTanSY_Intel

I will just delete any leftover in the folder and download again the Quartus installation files and re-install again. 

It is just a simple installation flow by running the Quartus installer. 

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @amildm ,

Uninstalling on Windows*
1. Right-click on the Windows* Start menu and click Apps and Feature.
2. Point to <software name> <version number> > Uninstall <software name> <version number> .

The installation wizard appears and guides you through the uninstallation process.

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos
amildm
Valued Contributor I

yes, but there are still some leftovers in the registry, etc. after such kind of installation... So re-installing will not the same as installing the fresh version.

Does Intel have some methodology for reinstalling the Quartus, which could give the same result as installing a new fresh Quartus version?

Does Intel provide a tool for cleaning the PC from Quartus leftovers?

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I will just delete any leftover in the folder and download again the Quartus installation files and re-install again. 

It is just a simple installation flow by running the Quartus installer. 

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

RichardTanSY_Intel

I believed that I have answered your question. With that, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

0 Kudos