Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15469 Discussions

How do I fix or workaround the Quartus Altera IP Catalog tool crashing when I use it?

PEgan
Novice

I'm currently working in Quartus Prime 18 Build 614 04/24/2018 SJ Lite Edition on Fedora 28 with Linux Kernel version 4.16.3-301. Whenever I try to open the Quartus IP Catalog tool to add an Altera Phase Locked Loop module the tool crashes mid-way. Specifically the tool crashes when I try to change a value or click next to go to the next set of configurations in the IP Catalog tool for the PLL. If someone could point me to a thread with a solution or provide some aid it would be very appreciated

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Nooraini_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi PEgan,

Please use the official supporting Linux-based OS for Quartus Prime software tools such as Red Hat Enterprise, SUSE and Ubuntu. You can refer to the following link which listed all the supporting OS. Fedora Linux-based OS is not listed the supporting OS for Quartus Prime software tools.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/download/os-support.h...

Regards,

Nooraini