Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

How is the Quartus Prime offline help done?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi! Just a simple question that I have not been able to find an answer for: 

When, in Quartus Prime 17.0, you go to Help -> Help Topics, a help web site opens up in you web browser. It is served locally from, in my case, file:///c:/intelfpga_lite/17.0/quartus/common/help/webhelp/index.htm 

What web server is used? How is search done? It seems to send requests to google?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It's local HTML. The server is your own computer. If you do a search within the help interface, it searches the local files. I guess if it doesn't find anything locally, it also displays Google results.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

It's local HTML. The server is your own computer. If you do a search within the help interface, it searches the local files. I guess if it doesn't find anything locally, it also displays Google results. 

--- Quote End ---  

That's impossible. Without a local web server, what software would be doing the searching? I get you can serve pages from the file system, but that will only get you pages that show information and run javascript. They could send queries to google's servers, but that doesn't account for local search.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can open any .html file on your own machine in a browser and use it as if it's on a server. I'm not sure what the issue is here.

0 Kudos