Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16730 Discussions

How to automate programming mif file in quartus

BenRavin
Beginner

Hi,

I'm using Quartus Prime Pro edition,  and want to automate programming the mif file. 

Currently I use the tool "In-System Memory Content Editor"  to import a mif file and write into system memory. 

I want to automate this. Please suggest how it can be automated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

You attach the .mif to the associated memory in your design, either in the IP Parameter Editor or in HDL code using a synthesis attribute ram_init_file: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/quartushelp/current/index.htm#hdl/vlog/vlog_file_dir_ram_init.htm

0 Kudos
BenRavin
Beginner

Hi,

I don't do the design of FPGA HW, i recieve the fpga .sof image and load my .mif file using the In System memory editor. 

How to automate this, instead of using the GUI and manually uploading the mif file into the fpga .sof image. 

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

If you can't go back to the original design and add the .mif in the ways I mentioned, there's no way.

I suppose you could create a Tcl script to do this that could program the device and then run the ISMCE.

0 Kudos
WZ2
Employee

That is right~

0 Kudos