Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16603 Discussions

How to disable SDRAM ECC Check at bootup without manually editing the preloader source in 14.1 or later?

JTurn
Beginner

Hi All,

I would like to disable the ECC check which occurs at the beginning of the Cyclone V boot process in order to save boot time. However, the only way I currently know how to do this is to edit the "CONFIG_HPS_SDR_CTRLCFG_CTRLCFG_ECCEN" and "CONFIG_HPS_SDR_CTRLCFG_CTRLCFG_ECCCORREN" defines to "0" within the file "board/altera/socfpga_cyclone5/sdram/sdram_config.h" prior to building the preloader. This is annoying because the values get reset if I regenerate the BSP settings.

Is there a way to disable this check in either Quartus or the BSP Editor without manually modifying the preloader source?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi there,

Is it possible for you to share the boot-log? Are you trying to disable the ECC?

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

If you want to disable ECC, you can disable it in Qsys/Platform Designer, then the preloader will also disable it.

If you want to enable ECC, BUT disable the ECC checking, I am unsure if this is possible using the BSP Editor to generate, you may need to generate your own custom preloader.

You may read the preloader customization information here, it's helpful:

https://rocketboards.org/foswiki/Documentation/PreloaderUbootCustomization131#Disabling_SDRAM_ECC

0 Kudos