Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16592 Discussions

How to find the parameter check box called "Provide separate interface for each channel" in the "Transceiver Native PHY Intel Arria 10" IP core?

SSchw11
Beginner

I am using Quartus Pro 19.3 and the "Transceiver Native PHY Intel Arria 10" IP core. According to the documentation there should be a parameter check box called "Provide separate interface for each channel". But I cannot see any such check box in the Transceiver IP opened in Platform Designer. Is there anything needed to be enabled/disabled to allow that checkbox to appear?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Just to make sure, have you set the number of channels to a value greater than 1?

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

HI,

Steve has a point.

once you set the transceiver channel number > 1, then the "provide separate interface for each channel" option will pop up under "Datapath Options" section where user typically configure the data rate.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
SSchw11
Beginner

Thank you for your replies

I have the transceiver channel number on 8 and I still can not see the "provide separate interface for each channel" in my Red Hat 6.1 installation.

So I tried it on a Windows installation and there the checkbox appears.

Does any one know how to make it work on Red Hat? Red Hat should be supported by Quartus.

Thanks

Best Regards

SSchw

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

Hi,

I am using Red Hat and I am able to see the checkbox.

You can try regenerate your NativePHY IP again or create a new Quartus Project again to see if it helps.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
SSchw11
Beginner

Hi dlim

in a new design and now also in my current design it gives me the checkbox, as soon as I choose the "Standalone" interface view. It disappears when the "System" interface view is selected.

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards

SSchw

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

HI SSchw,

It's great you figure out the issue.

Thanks for the sharing as well

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos