Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16602 Discussions

How to fix warning when using parameters in verilog file in component editor.

HTork
Beginner

Hello! I doing a design for an old system using Cyclone II device and developing with quartus 11 and sopc builder.

I have a verliog file <design.v> that use with component editor to create an IP. In this verilog file I use parameters to set some register values.

When compiling the design I get the following typw of warning on these parameters:

Warning (10230): Verilog HDL assignment warning at <design>.v(<line number>): truncated value with size xx to match size of target (yy)

If I use localparam instead, I get no warnings. Thus, the problem with the warnings are probably related to the HDL parameters tab in component editor.

In HDL parameters tab I can choose between several types for my parameters: string, integer, boolean, std_logic, logic vector, natural, or positiv. If I try to change the parameter type, the component editor hangs, and I have to close it. Also there is no description of what these types are..

I would not like to change my paramters to localparam since I would like to be able to oveeride them when simulating the system.

So, how do i fix the problem with these warnings.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Hans,

Share your Verilog file.

For descriptions on the parameter type refer to page 155 on below link

https://www.intel.co.jp/content/dam/altera-www/global/ja_JP/pdfs/literature/hb/qts/qsys_intro.pdf

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos