Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16594 Discussions

How to reapply the device patch on top of the current Quartus II software installation?

AKhaa
Beginner

I am facing following issue which is given in the following link with solution but i don't know how to implement this solution given by intel. Someone plz, help me out. Thanks

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd05092013_854.html

0 Kudos
3 Replies
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

Just reinstall the patch as you installed it for the first time: run the installer, point it to your existing installation of Quartus, let it reinstall the patch.

0 Kudos
AKhaa
Beginner

Hi @HRZ​ ,

Thanks for reply, Actually, I don't know what is the meaning of patch. Should i start setup of quartus again but if i do this, setup ask me about update and when i update it, there is nothing to update because setup is already installed so it don't let me to choose anything.

0 Kudos
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

I believe "patch" here means an "update" released by Intel for an existing version of Quartus (e.g. update v18.0.1 for Quartus v18.0.0). If you have never updated your base installation, then you are running into this issue for a reason other than what is mentioned in the knowledge base.

0 Kudos