Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
14972 Discussions

How to resolve Error (suppressible): (vsim-10000) <protected>(<protected>): Unresolved defparam reference to '<protected>'<protected>nofile. error in modelsim

CSoti
Novice

I am trying to simulate a project that includes a system developed in the platform designer with modelsim but I get the following error: 

# Loading i_tse_mac.altera_std_synchronizer_nocut

# ** Error (suppressible): (vsim-10000) <protected>(<protected>): Unresolved defparam reference to '<protected>'<protected>nofile. 

#  Time: 0 ps Iteration: 0 Protected: /tb_stamp3_top/inst_stamp3_top/inst_stamp3_platform_designer/eth_tse_0/i_tse_mac/genblk9/U_MAC_TOP/U_MAC/genblk2/U_RXFF/genblk3/RX_DATA/U_RAM File: nofile

# ** Error (suppressible): (vsim-10000) <protected>(<protected>): Unresolved defparam reference to '<protected>'<protected>nofile.

#  Time: 0 ps Iteration: 0 Protected: /tb_stamp3_top/inst_stamp3_top/inst_stamp3_platform_designer/eth_tse_0/i_tse_mac/genblk9/U_MAC_TOP/U_MAC/genblk2/U_RXFF/genblk3/RX_DATA/U_RAM File: nofile

for a series of i_tse_mac modules. By looking up in the knowledge data base I saw that I should add -L altera_mf_ver before -L altera_mf in the simulation do file. It didn't resolve the issue. I am using Quartus Prime Lite 18.1 under Windows 10 with Modelsim - Intel FPGA Starter Edition 10.5b. 

How can I resolve the issue?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MuhammadAr_U_Intel
First of all try to use IP auto-generated script to bring up the simulation, script is located in <ipname/simulation/mentor/msim_setup.tcl> ? Script will have all the settings including the Libraries need to be added for bringing up simulation. Open Modelsim and Follow steps as below in modelsim console. $ cd <ip simulation directory>/ $ do msim_setup.tcl $ ld Let me know if you are able to proceed. Thanks, Arslan
Emmanuel
Beginner

Good morning, Arslan. I have a similar problem with simulation. I followed the instructions you indicated and it worked. Thank you. I have a question: How can I simulate multiple IP components in the same simulation?
Thank you for your answer.