Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

How to set dual-purpose pin (nCEO) as regular IO in DSP Builder 18.1?

DNEHL
Novice

I have to use dual-purpose pin nCEO as an output pin in my project in DSP Builder. When I tried to compile my project I had such ERROR message

Error (176310): Can't place multiple pins assigned to pin location

Then I have added Quarus Prime Global Project Assignments block from Altlab library with parameters: Assignment name RESERVE_NCEO_AFTER_CONFIGURATION

and Value "Use as regular IO"

And I had the same ERROR message. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you, for your attention.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CalvinJoaz_P_Intel

Hi Dmitri,

Good day.

Kindly refer link below and try the following steps.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd06252012_419.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd06052014_214.html

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
DNEHL
Novice

Hi Calvin,

Good day.

I have found the solution. It's correct to set Assignment's name CYCLONEII_RESERVE_NCEO_AFTER_CONFIGURATION

Thank you for your attention.

DNEHL
Novice

HI Calvin,

thanks for the answer, but it doesn't help me.

I'm trying to compile my project in DSP BUILDER in MATLAB, not in Quartus Prime. So I don't have possibility to open assignments menu. I'm using Signal Compiler block for this purpose.

Then I have added Quarus Prime Global Project Assignments block from Altlab library with parameters: Assignment name RESERVE_NCEO_AFTER_CONFIGURATION

and Value "Use as regular IO". But I had the same ERROR message: Error (176310): Can't place multiple pins assigned to pin location

0 Kudos