Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

How to use Qsys in VHDL code

gomezramones
Novice

Hi

I'm pretty new in the FPGA world. I want to use ADC pins that the MAX10 so to configure such pins I used Platform Designer (Qsys). Now I need to built a simple VHDL code to create the block but I don't know how. I know that I can use schematic file and import the symbol from qsys but I want to learn how to use link qsys with VHDL. I already configure my pins and everything

0 Kudos
1 Solution
FvM
Valued Contributor III
qsys generates an instantiation template that can be copied to your top level vhdl entity.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
FvM
Valued Contributor III
qsys generates an instantiation template that can be copied to your top level vhdl entity.
0 Kudos
gomezramones
Novice

and how do I see that instantiation template?? because when I click on HDL generates, it shows me this

gomezramones_0-1674653127663.png

0 Kudos
gomezramones
Novice

At the end, I was able to find how to call the instantiation into my Top level entity. Thank you!

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Platform Designer Generate menu -> Show Instantiation Template

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Andres,

In PD menu --> generate --> show instantiation templates.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Andres,

May I know if there is any update?

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer, kudos and rate 5/5 survey.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

p/s: If any answer from community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to mark as solution, give Kudos and rate 5/5 survey

0 Kudos