Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16603 Discussions

I am new to Quartus and I just need to run a project but I have many problems.

ABend6
Beginner

I am struggling to run a project (.qpf that uses a Cyclone V device).

Here are what I did till now:

1- Install Quartus Prime Pro but Cyclone V is not installed >> gives me a message "Support for device family Cyclone V is not installed!"

2- I tried to install Cyclone V separately using "Quartus Device installer" but I have another message "the device files (.qdz) doesn't match the version of the installer."

3- Install Quartus Prime standard edition but again another message "This project uses Quartus prime pro edition compilation directory structure. It can only be opened in the Quartus Prime Pro Edition." 

Please, let me know your suggestions/ thoughts.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Pro does not support Cyclone V devices so you must use Standard. Since you already tried opening/creating the project in Pro, it is not working in Standard. Close Standard and delete the qdb folder in your project directory so that Standard can create a new one when you start it again.

#iwork4intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Pro does not support Cyclone V devices so you must use Standard. Since you already tried opening/creating the project in Pro, it is not working in Standard. Close Standard and delete the qdb folder in your project directory so that Standard can create a new one when you start it again.

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
ABend6
Beginner

Thanks you so much. It works now.

0 Kudos