Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16557 Discussions

I am running Quartus lite 19.1 on Ubuntu 18.04LTS 64 bit machine. When I try any access to the net via the help menu nothing happens. Can anybody help please ?

RH0001
New Contributor I

I also get a message at startup that the license server cannot be accessed at startup.

In desperation I have entered /usr/lib/firefox/firefox.sh in the tools/options/internet connectivity/web browser box and ticked the box to use it instead of system default, no joy, this string works when typed in terminal (without sudo).

There is no proxy required for this system and none is setup in firefox that works perfectly, there are no known faults with the linux (5.2.19) install as all other apps work faultlessly.

Please help, does anybody know of a log file ? I cannot find one with any related messages in it, there only seems to be an installation log.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RH0001
New Contributor I

I have actually given up with trying to run Quartus under Linux as it has become apparent the USB-BLASTER will not work either.

Consequentially I am now running Quartus/Modelsim 12.0/sp2 on XP/sp3 32bit, that at least works for Cyclone E.

AND I can even access the help system!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Can you try the steps as below:

1. Click 'Tools'
  2. Click 'Options...',
  3. Select the 'Internet Connectivity' menu on the left.
  4. Ensure the 'Web browser' path to your chosen browser is correct.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RH0001
New Contributor I

Thank you for your reply, that is exactly what the line "In desperation I have entered /usr/lib/firefox/firefox.sh in the tools/options/internet connectivity/web browser box and ticked the box to use it instead of system default, no joy, this string works when typed in terminal (without sudo)." in my original question says.

Have you any other ideas ?

0 Kudos
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Can you try to download and install the add on software: "Quartus Prime Help" at the link below:

http://fpgasoftware.intel.com/?edition=lite

If the problem still persist, please tell me as well.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RH0001
New Contributor I

Sorry for the slow reply, no difference.

0 Kudos
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I had reported the this issue to the team. We need sometime to investigate to this problem.

Do you have other OS? If yes, can try to install the Quartus in other OS?

Thanks

0 Kudos
RH0001
New Contributor I

Ok thanks, unlike windows garbage there is only ONE LINUX....hooray :)

0 Kudos
RH0001
New Contributor I

BUMP.......still no replies here TEAM!

0 Kudos
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I had reported this issue to the concern team and I had not yet received the response from the concern team.

I will reply here once I get the reply from the concern team.

At the same time, you may need to go to the link below for get help in Quartus: 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/quartushelp/19.1/index.htm 

Thanks

0 Kudos
RH0001
New Contributor I

I have actually given up with trying to run Quartus under Linux as it has become apparent the USB-BLASTER will not work either.

Consequentially I am now running Quartus/Modelsim 12.0/sp2 on XP/sp3 32bit, that at least works for Cyclone E.

AND I can even access the help system!

0 Kudos
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks you for your update.

0 Kudos