Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16558 Discussions

I am trying to download Quartus Prime Lite but my account access goes away on that page and the download buttons do nothing.

PWarn1
Beginner

​I have access to other non-FPGA downloads no problem. I have contacted customer service and they send me to this forum both times. the Lite edition is a free download. why the issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Nooraini_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi PWarn1 ,

You can use Chrome or Microsoft Egde web browser to download the Quartus tools installer. Refer to the attachment. It seems when using IE web browser, the installer does not start.

Regards,

Nooraini

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JOHI
New Contributor II

Hello,

I had the same problem.

Since Altera was taken over by Intel, Intel tried to integrate the altera web pages into their own site.

It is very logical to do someting like this, but we are very lucky that they build better chips than they build web sites.

Otherwise the world would be a totally different place to live in.

The most popular thread on forum is the one where old Altera forums members complain about what happened to the forum.

Anyway, there is also good news: Intel staff also replies to forum questions wich is a major+ compared to the Altera period.

Now back to your question;

Form my experience, even if you do not see that you are logged in, sometimes you still can download the files, to me it seemed a problem with the refresh of the page instead of not being logged in.

So try to log in, if the black popup comes where you need to login go to the terms & conditions of some kind, continue to the downoad page, and, in my case I succeeded.

Other thing you can try: Try to find a windows 7 computer. With my windows 7 computer I did not have a lot of problems, Windows 10 was different story.

Best regards,

Johi.

PWarn1
Beginner

​thanks for making me laugh! I was major frustrated with their website and customer service. Your solution didn't work for me but Intel came through and solved it in the next thread.

0 Kudos
Nooraini_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi PWarn1 ,

You can use Chrome or Microsoft Egde web browser to download the Quartus tools installer. Refer to the attachment. It seems when using IE web browser, the installer does not start.

Regards,

Nooraini

0 Kudos
PWarn1
Beginner

​thank you! this worked for me. I am on a Windows 7 computer. using Chrome allowed me to download even though it still showed 'Sign In' at the top of page.

0 Kudos
brevert
Beginner

​Hi,

I am having the same problem described, but there is no way I can download. I dont have access to a Win7 computer.

I am out of ideas

Regards,

Belen

0 Kudos