Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16608 Discussions

I can't install USB Blaster driver on Windows 10

BRIANNN
Beginner

Hello,

I have some troubles when I try to install the driver for USB Blaster (the first generation, not Blaster II). I'm using the 10 and Quartus lite 20.1 software. I also find the solution on this page. Why does the Intel® FPGA Download Cables drivers installation fail on Windows* operating system? But when I install the Patch 0.02i and Patch 0.02stdp under the Quartus install location. It cannot find the Quartus pro software and Quartus Prime Standard Edition Programmer and Tools. I'm not sure I did the correct steps.

I have check the certification of the drivers, it has expired. Is there any newest version of the drivers?

Regards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Sorry, i am confused. Do you mean you cant find the quartus path as per steps 8?

8. Enter the following path for the driver and enable include subfolders

- <Intel Quartus Prime software install directory>\quartus\drivers or

- <Intel Quartus Prime Programmer install directory>\qprogrammer\drivers or

- <Intel Quartus Prime Programmer install directory>\qprogrammer\quartus\drivers

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Sorry, i am confused. Do you mean you cant find the quartus path as per steps 8?

8. Enter the following path for the driver and enable include subfolders

- <Intel Quartus Prime software install directory>\quartus\drivers or

- <Intel Quartus Prime Programmer install directory>\qprogrammer\drivers or

- <Intel Quartus Prime Programmer install directory>\qprogrammer\quartus\drivers

0 Kudos
BRIANNN
Beginner

Hi,

I mean, I cannot install the Patch 0.02i and Patch 0.02stdp in the Quartus lite.

regards.

0 Kudos
BRIANNN
Beginner

I have solve it. thanks.

0 Kudos
sofi
Beginner

Dear BRIANNN,

I've had the same issue and been trying for hours to install the patch. I already tried the solution posted by YuanLi, but can't seem to find the correct path. Could you please post the solution that worked for you?

Regards.

0 Kudos
BRIANNN
Beginner

Hello, 

I follow the steps in Why does the Intel® FPGA Download Cables drivers installation... . It's very important to choose the correct install path.

The path you need to choose when install the patch is a folder called Quartus, Which is the root directory of the whole Quartus software. 

Hope this can help you.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Araa
Beginner

Hello,

I have the same problem. Despite downloading the 0.02i patch in the quartus folder I always the receive the same error that the tools are not in the folder.

Can you help me?

Regards

0 Kudos